Parent Child Development Corporation
We are seeking a passionate and dedicated person to provide support to our Early Head Start and Head Start Programs in identifying and securing the needs of the children, families and staff experiencing mental health challenges whiles promoting mental health wellness.
The incumbant will bring expertise to the PCDC program through observation, assessment, and consultative support.
- Provide supports for effective-wide culture that promotes children’s mental health, social and emotional well-being and overall health
- Obtain parental consent for mental health services at enrollment
- Build community partnerships to facilitate access to additional mental health resources and services, as needed
- Implement strategies to identify and support children with mental health and social and emotional concerns
- Assist teachers, family advocates to improve classroom management and practices through strategies that include using classroom observations and addressing teacher and individual child needs and creating physical and cultural environments that promote positive mental health and social and emotional functioning
- Coordinates mental health services for those identified as having specific mental health needs
- Schedule, facilitate training to all staff and/or new hires regarding our mental health awareness which is part of five year goals
- Assist with home visits, partners, to meet children’s mental health and social and emotional needs through strategies that include observation and consultation
- Will address child mental health concerns, including internalizing problems such as appearing withdrawn and externalizing problems such as challenging behaviors
- Assist in helping both parents and staff to understand mental health and access mental health interventions, if needed
- Implementation of the policies and procedures to limit suspension and prohibit expulsion as described in Head Start standard 1302.17
BA Degree in one or more of the following disciplines: social work, clinical psychology or psychiatry: Licensed/Certified Mental Health State Provider/VA with focus on child mental health and behavioral concerns required.
Minimum two years’ experience working with children and families in Early Childhood Education and/or Head Start
Computer literacy and proficiency along with excellent verbal and writing skills.
ABA Certified is a Plus*
**Parent Child Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity to ensure equal opportunities for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.**
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 – $20.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- No nights
- No weekends
Daily temperature checks, required mask policy, completed Covid-19 Vaccination and common surface are sanitized regularly and hand sanitizer provided.
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Mental health counseling: 2 years (Required)
- Head Start/ Early Head Start: 2 years (Preferred)
- Early childhood education: 1 year (Preferred)
- Licensed/Certified Mental Health State Provider (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com